I had gotten the foot several years ago, so it was a good opportunity to work with it again. Though a bit tight fitting it on the shank of my machine, it was very easy to use, with clear visibility of my seam.
The pattern we worked on was the free Glam Clam pattern on Craftsy.com, (follow the link, sign in, and search Glam Clam). I followed the pattern templates for cutting my clam shells since I didn't need many for a baby quilt,
but if you have an Accuquilt Go cutter, they have a die that makes it simple and fast for a lot of clams! (No pun intended)
Since this was a class project, I pulled out a bunch of yellow prints that I know I won't use elsewhere, as I'm not a big fan of yellow.
And looking through my kids prints, I spied this yellow piece with bees on it.
Perfect for this baby quilt! Now I have a hive full of honey
which will have some bees appliqued on top! Love it when things come together!
I'll keep you posted on the classes and my progress. Maybe you'll be inspired to try these things along with me!
Have a great day quilting!