A bit of a rocky road getting this one finished, as some unstitching was necessary to get the top border to fit with the design. All of the light green triangles were removed,
and replaced with border strips,
so that the design was not interrupted by horizontal lines.
It looks so much better this way, and I'm glad I took the time to do it right.
Thankfully, the bottom was much easier since there were already dark triangles to work with, so no unstitching there.
For this one, I let the walking foot do the quilting. Using a clear monofilament thread on the top, and a purple cotton in the bobbin, the quilt was stitched in the ditch. In the top and bottom borders, the jagged design was continued. But for the side borders, I chose to keep it simple with a horizontal line that corresponded with the jagged points.
I could have done a fill in either the light or dark area, but because this design follows the notan principle, I didn't want one to dominate.
I'm pretty happy with this one, and it's sister, Light at the End of the Spiral.
It's been a good challenge, creating different designs from scrap HST's, so that the little bits didn't go to waste. I still have a couple more out there, just a matter of time to get to them.
I do wish you a wonderful day quilting!