When first approached by Marian at Seams to be Sew about participating in the 2016 Road Home Row-along, I immediately said yes! Such an easy decision because the area I live in, Silicon Valley, is home to all of the great tech companies that we know and love.
My row depicts four large companies that are along major roads, and within close proximity to my humble home. We're talking a 15 mile radius, that's how close. Believe or not, 'tech tourism', the visiting of these companies as if they were tourist attractions, has sprung up. Today, I'll be your tour guide to these four companies.
Let's start at Facebook, where the 'thumbs up' sign greats us at the entrance.
Awesome quilt pattern in the background, huh? The buildings are nice, with lots of open sky and the bay on the backside.
Continuing down the freeway for a few miles sits Google, which in my opinion, has the best location. Perched on a small hill, surrounded by lots of trees and open space,
and, of course, plenty of parking for the famous green, yellow, and red bikes used by employees to get from building to building.
And just a half mile away, is it's friendly neighbor, LinkedIn, another favorite company.
Before hitting the freeway again, we could make a stop at the Computer History Museum, and check out just how far we've come in all things tech.
But let's continue on, past my house, and move on to Apple, another favorite. Below are the current headquarters,
with the Apple Campus 2, (the Spaceship that's under construction) and future headquarters a mile away.
Can you get a feel for how massive this building is? With the freeway to the south, retail west, residential north, and a hospital on the east, it's a huge campus in the middle of suburbia. There's a flyover view (not mine) if you want to see more.
Of course, the list of tech companies goes on and on. Sorry if I left out other favorites, but there's just so much room in a 12 1/2" x 42" row!
To download the Silicon Valley Row for free, visit my Craftsy Pattern shop, and check out the Free Pattern area on Craftsy for other rows. And don't forget to visit the other row-along participants today.
Now on to the giveaways! Enter for your chance to win the following:
Anita Goodesign Machine Embroidery Design CD
a Rafflecopter giveaway
and also this fabulous Calibre Art Cutting Mat - 18" x 24" (Open to US Entrants Only)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The giveaways today end Wednesday, October 5 @ 11:59, so be sure to visit the other participants and enter their giveaways too. If you don't see a giveaway showing, feel free to enter at Seams To Be Sew where you can also enter to win The Fat Quarter Shop's bundle of quilting fun with a total value of $300.00.
And a few words/rules about giveaways:
- No purchase whatsoever is necessary.
- You must be 18+ in order to win a gift.
- You are responsible for claiming and paying any tax owed on the value of any gift that you win.
- All winners are chosen at random.
- This giveaway ends Oct 5, 2016 @11:59.
- Winners will receive notification via email. Winners have approximately 3 days to claim their gift, if 3 days passes, the gift will be offered to another eligible entrant.
- All winners will be announced on the blogs via the Rafflecopter entry form and/or post by the blogger at the site where they won and at Seams To Be Sew. Winners agree to allow their name to be publicized.
- Odds of Winning a prize are based on total number of rafflecopter entries during each week and in total for all giveaways.
- This giveaway is void where prohibited by law.
- Participating bloggers may enter any of the giveaways.
- If you are an overseas entrant, you agree to pay any shipping fees and costs prior to giveaway being sent to you. With the exception of Calibre Arts, which can't be shipped overseas at this time.
- The word giveaways in the rules and guidelines are also known as sweepstakes.
And finally, the entire list of participants, in case your just joining in and wish to collect the row patterns.